Purpose: Provide a resource for Morrison Academy to foster and encourage innovative and interactive learning while instilling in students the love of learning and exploration that characterized the life of Alex Herring.
Applicants: Any Morrison Academy employee may apply for this instruction grant as long as the grant idea outlines how they believe the program will “demonstrate innovative instructional techniques that will impact a large number of students.” The application for this grant can be found in the staff links. (Alex Herring Grant Application)
- Application completed
- Principal support and approval
- Achievement of Purpose (rating: 1 no evident, 2 slightly evident, 3 moderately evident, 4 very evident, 5 extremely evident)
- Innovative learning (a new method, idea, or device)
- Interactive learning (characteristics or qualities of two-way learning)
- Instill a love of learning and exploration
- Impacting a large number of students
- Applications will be reviewed within a two-week time frame. Grants will be awarded throughout the school year.
Awarded Grant Responsibilities
- Coordinate communication with Director of Learning to access grant money.
- Grant money should be spent before the end of the school year (May)
- Immediate implementation
- Summary Report: A brief slide show submitted to the Director of Learning by the end of the school year in which the grant was received. The slide show should include:
- Name of Project
- Name(s) of those who won the grant
- A slide (or more) describing the highs and lows of the project.
- Two pictures (or more) of project in action
- Recommendation as to whether Morrison Academy should pursue this project on a greater scale.